Every few weeks I get questions about doing consulting with churches. The short answer is yes, I do consult with churches from time to time. But because my first priority is to be the Senior Pastor of Calvary Fellowship, I am very selective as to whom I consult with and when I consult.
1. It has to be a church that is serious about the issue they're bringing me about. If they just want me to "tell them what I think" and "take it under advisement", I turn it down.
2. I accept less than 10 consulting opportunities a year because it usually forces me to miss a Sunday at Calvary Fellowship.
3. I give Pastors that has come through my coaching networks first priority to the dates I have available.
4. If your city doesn't have a direct flight from Miami, I'm probably not coming. I have 2 kids and I want to out of the house as little as possible,
5. But if you feel I could add value to your church and there's a specific issue you're struggling with, then let's talk.
6. Here's the work that I've done and what I feel I'm best equipped to help you with:
– First Impressions/ Guest Follow Up
– Creating an Evangelistic Culture/ Maximizing Sunday
– Portable Churches
– Growth Barriers
– Volunteer/ Leadership Development
– Direct Mail/ Outreach Strategies
7. I have 3 dates open for consulting in 2009 and I'm just now looking at 2010 if you want me to be "on location" at your church. If you want to do phone consulting (which is a little more work on your part, but it's more cost effective), I have more flexibility since I don't have to miss a Sunday at Calvary Fellowship.
8. If you're interested in having me come to your church, email me and let's talk.
9. If you haven't been interested in any of this, just move along. There's nothing to see here.
10. I hope this answers any questions you might have. If not, let me know.