This is post # 1,000 for me! When I first started blogging 2 1/2 years ago, I didn’t think it would be as much fun as it has been!
I saw myself approaching 1,000 posts and I started to think about how things have changed since I started blogging.
Here are my thoughts:
1. The content has changed from “This is what I think” to “This is what I’m learning”. I think this is healthy.
2. Blogging is finally getting some respect. We can thank guys like Seth for that.
3. I’ve gotten to know a lot of guys through blogging and those friendships have been a great blessing to me.
4. Successful conferences (like this one) are being promoted almost entirely through blogs. Who would have thought?
5. The “discernment” type blogs are still out there. It’s just that no one really cares anymore (at least I don’t).
6. I’ve gotten a lot of free books because of my blog 🙂
7. Church planters have raised tons of money through their blog. Who knew? (I can’t wait until a school starts teaching that – Fundraising 101: Blogging for Bucks 🙂
8. People have changed ministry roles due to blogging (see this guy serving with this guy)
I’m sure there’s more, but that’s all I can think of right now… Here’s to the next 1,000 posts and the journey continuing!