When I was but a wee lad (26), I made the dumbest mistake I’ve ever make in 11 years of leading a church.
What was it? Allow me to tell the tale…
We were a young church. My wife and I were doing pretty much everything in those early days.
There was this guy who was nice enough and said he wanted to serve. However, he never showed up when he said he would and never followed through in his commitments.
But I knew this guy had so much potential, if only he’d get committed. So what did I do (like a genius)? I gave him a leadership position based on his potential.
Do I even need to tell you how this sad story ends? It ends badly. Very. Badly.
What’s the moral of the story? Proven character trumps potential every day of the week. I love people who have great potential, but proven character beats potential every day of the week.
Bad leadership decisions not only hurt you, they hurt the church. They hurt young believers. They hurt everyone.
In Leadership Ninja, we’re going to give you a system where the real character of your volunteers is revealed at every level.
But hurry, Leadership Ninja starts in 3 weeks (October 12th) and the number of available spots is down to the single digits!
So head over yonder to www.ninjaleadership.com
P.S. Someone asked me what you get you join Leadership Ninja. Here’s a partial list:
– a 75 minute coaching session each month
– Over $500 in ChurchStrategies.com leadership resources
– every document, form, and lesson you need to implement a leadership development process in your church
– FREE admission to every church strategies webinar, tele-seminar and live event while you’re in the network
– Go to www.ninjaleadership.com for the entire list…