I've been getting this question lately, so I figured I'd answer it here so I don't have to write it multiple times. I don't consider myself a monster reader. I have friends who read 2-3 times as much as I do, so I've got a long way to go.
But here's how I read as much as I do:
1. I set a reading goal every year – People are capable of much more than they realize. Last year I set a goal to read 100 books and I did. This year I'm planning to read 200 books and I believe I can do it. All it takes is commitment and discipline and you can accomplish more goals.
2. I carry a book with me everywhere I go – Most people waste a lot of time. They read magazines in Doctor's offices or the mechanic's instead of bringing a book. All that time could be turned into productive reading time had they brought a book with them.
3. I try to read an hour a day – This is not at the office by the way. I try to read one hour every evening. Some guys are morning readers. I do my Bible reading in the morning and my book reading at night.
4. I limit my TV watching – I have shows I watch, but TiVo cuts all the commercials out (which means I watch an hour long show in 44 minutes) and it gives me plenty of time to read.
5. I like reading – I have no help here except to start reading in areas you find interesting. Reading genres you enjoy helps you read faster as well.
I don't speed read. I read about 250 words a minute (which in average). I just try to read whenever I can.