I had a Pastor email this last week and asked, “If you were on a shoestring budget and Easter was 2 weeks away, how would you get the word out about your church?”
I responded with one word. Facebook.
I love Facebook ads.
Because it’s the cheapest way to drive traffic to your website and let people know about your services.
Think about it. Facebook lets you…
1. Pick who your want to market to
2. Set a maximum budget
3. Constantly tweak and change your ads
4. Create different ads for different people at no extra cost
And that isn’t even the half of it!
Yet I giveth thee a word of warning…
Facebook can be very expensive if you don’t know what you’re doing.
But if you do it right, Facebook can be like buying high end merchandise at Walmart prices.
So here are 3 tips to creating Facebook ads or posts that get people to attend your church:
1. Know What you can and Can’t Do – Online evangelism/ marketing is most effective when you’re inviting someone to a church event. With Facebook ads for example, you have so few characters to work with that you can’t give a complete Gospel presentation. Instead, your best bet is to invite them to your church where you can present the Gospel in an environment conducive to them responding.
2. Think Active not Passive – At Calvary, we use both Google and Facebook. I prefer Facebook because it’s a more active outreach approach. Instead of waiting for someone to type “Church in (my town)”, you can craft a message they can respond to by speaking their language in the copy.
3. Focus on Benefits, not Features – A feature is “Batteries included”. A benefit is “Ready to play with right of the box”. So write copy that explains the benefits of attending your church.