We’re flying home today. I’ve got a few things on my mind…
– I’m sad to be leaving my family in Boston. I always have a great time with them. But they’re coming to Florida in a couple of weeks, so we’ll see each other soon.
– I’m excited to get back to work. This was a much needed break, but I’m ready to get back in the saddle.
– I’ve learned a lot about pace and priorities this week.
– I bought my yearly supply of Red Sox gear while I in Boston.
– I hate flying! I wish NASA would finally develop that Star Trek transporter technology we all want.
– The Feiner Points of Leadership by Michael Feiner is one of the best leadership books I’ve ever read (review forthcoming)
– This was the best Father’s Day ever! I love my daughter with all my heart.
– Mia has found her voice! When she gets really happy, she has this high pitched scream/laugh that totally cracks me up. (The shop owners at Faneuil Hall didn’t appreciate it as much as I did)
– I’m looking forward to getting back to the office and seeing my peeps. The office has probably been running smoother than ever without me asking questions all the time 🙂
– I have time for 1 more Cheesesteak before getting on the plane (South Florida doesn’t have 1 place that makes a rockin’ cheesesteak – sad)
– The diet starts Tuesday morning.
– Seeing my buddy Bill was one of the highlights of my trip. He’s doing a great job pastoring in a difficult area.
– I’m excited about teaching this weekend.
– Mark and John did an awesome job while I was out.
– I forgot how awesome Cape Cod is! Possible retirement location. But it would be weird to live in Florida most of my life and retire up north. It’s backwards 🙂