The book could have been called “How to have a Work Ethic” or “How to Succeed in your line of Work”, but How to become CEO by Jeffrey Fox has a ton of practical wisdom in it. I normally write some of my favorite quotes on the first page (which is usually blank) of books that I read. This book is one of the few that I had to turn the page due to all the great stuff he had to say.
A few favorite quotes:
– “over-invest in people who have integrity, an ‘I can do it’ attitude, and intelligence”
– “Cynicism about one’s own corporation is a hallmark of losers”
– Many companies get rocking chair syndrome:lots of movement, but they’re not going anywhere”
– “If you have 10 seconds to make a decision, think for 9”
– “A good manager has a cause to say ‘thank you’ 20 times a day”
– “Don’t let ‘perfect’ be the enemy of ‘better'”
– “Goals shape your plans, direct your energies, and focus your resources”
There’s tons more wisdom in this book. Quick chapters. Easy read. I recommend it.