If you've ever wished there was a book that spoke opening and plainly about how to create safeguards in your life so we don't ever have a moral failure, Hedges is it.
Jerry Jenkins (of Left Behind fame) wrote a fantastic book about how to create hedges that keep us from falling. This book caused me to rethink the safeguards I have and recommit myself to them.
Falling into sin doesn't only hurt us. It hurts everyone around us as well. That's why I loved this book and highly recommend it. Hedges is a book that every church staff member needs to read. I hope at the very least that you decide to read it and set up hedges of your own.
What are some of my hedges? Here's a few:
- I don't meet with women alone with the door closed
- I don't ride in cars alone with a woman other than my wife under any circumstances
- I don't eat lunch (or any other meal) alone with a woman other than my wife
- I never speak negatively of my wife
- I don't confide in any woman other than my wife
I have more, but the point is to not put myself in harm's way.