Lots of churches are seeking to reach out to as many people are possible and invite them to Easter. What many churches do is buy the names of every person in certain zip codes and "let 'er rip". I don't think this is the best approach. In fact, here's what we have been doing for some time now and would recommend to other church leaders:
#1 – Be Specific by Buying lists
– You can call companies that have lists for everything you could possibly imagine. This way, you can be specific in the people you want to reach.
– In Miami, 55% of people speak a language other than English in their home. This means if I just blanketed an area, over 1/2 of my mailing would be useless.
– We need to be good stewards of the funds God has entrusted to us. So, if you're a church who reaches predominantly young people, you may want to get a list of people if you main zip codes that are 18-45 (for example).
– The point is, do the hard work of finding those in your community that would be most open to the Gospel the way you present it.
– There's a reason there are so many different types of churches. God is using each of them to reach different types of people.
– So focus on our strengths and invest the most in those whom you believe will respond to the Gospel based on who God is already reaching in your church.
Tomorrow, I'll share a simple tip that will produce huge returns for Easter…