Focal Point by Brian Tracy is a great book about being productive and accomplishing the objectives you set out to complete. Brian’s time management stuff in this book is great and the insight he gives into goal setting is worth the price of the book.
Here’s a few of my favorite quotes:
– “You are no longer rewarded for the hours you put in, but what you put into those hours.”
– “Personal responsibility is the preeminent trait of leadership.”
– “Half of the average person’s working time is simply wasted.”
– “People who value themselves allocate their time carefully.”
– “Perform more and more tasks of higher value and delegate, delay, outsource, and eliminate tasks of lower value.”
– “Errant assumptions are at the root of most failures.”
– “For a goal to effective in guiding behavior, it must be specific and measurable.”
– “…It is the quality of time at work and the quantity of time at home that matters.”
– “Your life only gets better when you get better.”
Anyway, there’s probably 100 more lies like this. This is great book especially at the beginning of a year when you’re setting goals seeking to establish objectives for 2008. I highly recommend it.