I’m sitting in the office today totally wiped out after 4 Easter services, baptisms, egg hunts, and a bunch of other activities that made this weekend the best Easter celebrations we’re ever experienced as a church.
So I thought I would write out some “quick hits” or thoughts that I’m thinking as I reflect on this weekend. Long time readers of my blog will remember my old “Sunday Night Thoughts” where I’d reflect on the past weekend.
OK, here we go…
– First, I am grateful to God for the opportunity to serve. Who would have thought that a kid who grew up in the hood just outside of Boston would get to preach the Gospel to thousands of people. I am humbled by God’s grace in my life.
– Second, I couldn’t be prouder of our team. The Calvary staff worked tirelessly to make Easter the amazing experience it was for everyone. These guys (and gals) are the absolute best. I wouldn’t want to do ministry with anyone else.
– I am amazed at the level of dedication of our volunteers. These servants of God gave their all this weekend and we saw God honor it big time!
– The band was amazing. I was sitting in the front row for every service worshipping and I looked up at the stage and couldn’t believe the level of talent. George, our worship Pastor, just had one of the songs he co-wrote and produced featured on the NBC show, “The Blacklist”.
– Lizbet, our violinist, is a world renowned player who has performed for both Presidents Bill Clinton and George W. Bush. You can read her amazing story on her Wikipedia page here.
– Ivan, our keyboardist/ DJ is Grammy nominated producer (for his work on a Justin Timberlake album) who works with A-list artists in his studio during the week, but serves week in and week out with our band. He’s a great talent and a committed follower of Jesus.
– Mark Rodriguez, our Executive Pastor is one of the more passionate, creative people I know. He could easily plant his own church and be very fruitful as a Senior Pastor, However, as he’s told me countless times, he says, “I think we’re better together.” He is my best friend and the most faithful guy I know.
– John Solaroli, our family pastor did a phenomenal job ministering to the hundreds of families who attended Calvary this weekend. When Calvary didn’t exist, John agreed to come to with me to help start a church. 13 years later, he’s still by my side doing everything that’s asked of him. Few people get to serve with a man who this humble and this faithful. I’m honored to serve with him everyday.
– As for the numbers, here’s a snapshot of what happened on Easter weekend:
– 2,925 attended
– 218 people gave their lives to Jesus
– 31 people were baptized
It was a weekend I will never forget.
Here’s a couple of pictures that tell the story of our Easter weekend…