– Great day at Calvary!
– I taught on what it means to be one flesh from Gen. 2
– I've been blessed by all of the positive comments from this series
– I love how God is using this marriage series!
– I'm totally convinced that we can't simply preach tips and tricks about marriage. We must preach the heart of marriage and the essence of what makes couples one flesh.
– I've taught on marriage several times and have quite a catalog of marriage sermons. But I decided that wasn't going to look at any of those old notes.
– I believe we need to continually stretch ourselves as teachers and preachers. Forcing yourself to look at the same passages in new ways and not rely on old notes is one way to do that.
– I'm looking forward to teaching with my wife Carey on the roles of husbands and wives. This will be the first time we've ever taught together on a Sunday.
– Looking forward to March 9th. That's the kick off of our Wednesday night service. We're going straight through the Bible. Genesis to Revelation. I'm mapped out that it's going to take me 5 months to get through Genesis. So it's going to take me a while to get to Revelation :)
– I'm going to post something this week about our decision to start a Wednesday night service.
– I've got 1 spot left for my new Explosive Outreach Coaching Network that starts on March 2nd. I'm more excited about this network than any I've ever done. I really believe this group of Pastors is going to see big things in their churches as they get training to reach their community. You can pick up an application here.