– Great day at Calvary!
– I taught Judges 6:36-7:25 on Gideon.
– I talked about Doing God's will versus wanting to know God's will
– Got tons of positive feedback from the message
– The band sounded great. Pastor Mark was out of town, but they didn't miss a beat.
– We highlighted another missions organization as part of out "Missions and outreach' month
– I love the fact that we're involved in so many community outreach projects that are expressing the love of God physically AND communicating the Gospel verbally as well. The 2 aren't mutually exclusive.
– I was supposed to fly to Atlanta tonight to hang out with Casey Graham. Those plans got changed, so I hung out with my wife instead. She's prettier 🙂
– I don't know why I have to read a book on writing to get motivated to write a new book. but I just read a book on writing and now I'm motivated to write again.
– I think to the degree that Pastor's Appreciation month is a non-issue is to the degree that you're reaching unchurched people… because I've never even gotten a Pastor's appreciation card from our congregation – ha! Then again, that may say something about my Pastoring 🙂
– Next Sunday… Church on Halloween. Always an interesting Sunday as people dress up as their favorite Bible heroes… like Spiderman and Buzz Lightyear 🙂
– Have a great week!